Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Quilting Hiatus

I feel as though I have been on a quilting hiatus (and a blog hiatus) for several weeks now. I have been so busy with family :) and work that I haven't had much time for sewing. I did manage to make 4 more Christmas stockings and 2 little draw string bags for a little auction at our family reunion. My Mom had some extensive surgery last week and has been having some complications with her recovery. I am trying to do what I can to help her and my Dad. My "other job" is Township Clerk and one of my responsiblities is that of election administrator. Since we have a state primary election on August 3rd I am also knee deep in absentee ballots. Last night I did sit down and try to do some hand quilting but was just so exhausted that I didn't get very much done.
While I am taking a little down time with my sewing machine my husband gave my main sewing machine a little D & C (dusting and cleaning). So now she is ready whenever I have a little free time to sew.

No comments: