Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Blotto Blogs

Last week I attended our annual Quilter's Guild picnic. Although we had a little rain the comraderie and food were both excellent. A couple of months ago I challenged our members to participate in a red, white and blue log cabin blotto block exchange. Members were invited to make the log cabin blocks and then we would have a drawing. Each member would go home with the same number of blocks they arrived with. Because of circumstances beyond my control I wasn't able to promote the exchange as much as I would have liked. As it turned out I was only able to get two blocks made. And Lenore was the only other willing participant - she made 25 blocks. During our conversation she stated that she had a little problem with coming up with blue fabrics that really read as blue. That started my thought process. I think I will add to my list of "things to do" to make more blocks to make a quilt using the red, white and blue fabrics. I don't know how big I will make it nor when I will do it but I think that sounds like fun. I have managed to get back into my sewing room for an hour or so in the evenings lately. I have 16 more Christmas stockings in various stages. My new goal is to get those finished, thus donating 50 stockings to my Guild.