Monday, July 20, 2009

Part of my therapy



I am almost 3 months into my recovery from surgery. My eye sight was affected so I have not really been interested in using a thread and needle. I thought about a crochet hook. About a month or so after I got home from the hospital I purchased a baby afghan pattern book and a skein of yarn. I studied the book for almost 3 weeks and decided that I am just not much for reading crochet patterns. There was a small sample pattern to demonstrate a ripple pattern. I doubled the chain stitch length and made a baby afghan. I am happy with the way it turned out.
Last week I decided it was time to get the thread and needle out. I worked on hand piecing some blocks that I started awhile ago. I also sat at my sewing machine and sewed a binding on to my Round Robin quilt. I hand stitched the binding down on the back of the quilt. When I can I lay out a finished quilt on my living room floor and we walk around it and admire it. Right now the Round Robin is laying on my living room floor and I have decided that I need to do a little more hand quilting on it. I will take a picture as soon as I get that done and post it here on the blog.
PS - Don't you just love the little Cabbage Patch Kids? I think they are so cute!!

No comments: