Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WIP

One day last week I pulled out a WIP (work in progress). I thought I took a picture of it but right now I can't find it so you will just have to imagine. It is a hexagon quilt and I may have posted a picture a long time ago. I was involved with 6 other gals in a square swap exchange and I decided to make a hexagon quilt with my squares. Note to self that I need to start writing down the date when I start a project so I can keep better track. Anyway, I saw this project on the shelf in my sewing room and decided to lay it out on the floor and see how it looked. I did do a little hand sewing, adding a partial row to the quilt. Then our daughter and her two precious little ones came for the weekend so I put it back in the shelf. Our grand daughter Allie is staying with us this week so I haven't had a chance to get the hexagon quilt out again, but I plan to perhaps next week. I have been sneaking in a little time at the sewing machine, working on the signature quilt for my brother-in-law. As usual it is a bigger project than I was thinking but I am still glad that I came up with the idea. I was hoping to have it done for him before he came home from the hospital but that didn't happen. He is home and doing well. I will continue on with the quilt as time allows.

No comments: