Saturday, February 26, 2011

Trail Mix

I finished this quilt last fall and had it quilted by A Plus Quilting of Midland. The name of the quilt is Trail Mix and it is king sized. I love the way it looks on our bed. I think I posted about this quilt quite awhile ago. I pieced all of the blocks together on our Singer Featherweight ( I love that little beauty) during scrappy sew days at Guild. It took quite awhile to complete the quilt as I only worked on the quilt one or two days a month. Many of my friends thought I was crazy for using so many scraps and because the light colored squares started out at 1 1/4 inches. I love the final outcome. This week I started another scrappy quilt at Guild using 1 1/2 inch squares, using a pattern I found on the internet. It has been fun to dig into some boxes and pull out some scraps of fabric that I forgot I even had.

No comments: