Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Quilter's Retreat for the Retreat Coordinator


I had so much fun. I was able to attend a 3 day Quilter's Retreat last weekend. Daughter Heather and I enjoyed sewing and visiting with friends. This is the 4th year I have attended this retreat and Heather's 2nd year. Heather made a beautiful purple tote bag during the retreat. I did some machine button hole stitching on some flower blocks from a Guild Block of the Month from 4 or 5 years ago. My sewing machine didn't want to cooperate real well so I then moved on to some piecing. I worked on the Bouquet for Karen blocks from our Murder Mystery Quilter's Retreat. I was able to get 50 or 51 blocks done at the retreat. I think I just need to make about 10 more blocks, then I can start putting the quilt together. I think I will put up my design wall and lay the blocks out that way instead of on the living room floor. There were so many different projects going on during the retreat including sweatshirt jackets, full size quilts, a T-shirt quilt, wall hangings, wallets, bags and table runners. It is so much fun to see all of the different projects and fabrics. I am looking forward to this retreat next November. I am also looking forward to a small quilt camp with family members and friends in 10 days. Oh my, I didn't realize it was coming up that fast. I will have to get busy soon and get packing.

No comments: