Wednesday, May 13, 2009

You might have noticed that Pam’s voice has been quiet for a little while. Pam had a serious medical emergency and is now on the mend. She has asked me to fill in for her until she is ready to start “blogging” again. Since I am new to this, it will take me awhile to get up to speed and capture some pictures and stories to share with you. To get things started, I’d like to share a favorite quote:

"Friends are like a quilt with lots of different shapes, sizes, colors, and patterns of fabric. But the end result brings you warmth and comfort in a support system that makes your life richer and fuller "Suzanne Dale Ezell

I ran across this quote in a book of Daily Devotions for Women. I always liked the analogy it makes between friends and a quilt, even more so because I recognize how many friends I have made since I became involved with quilting. Nowadays I am also more keenly aware of the importance of friends, especially since several of my friends are facing serious illnesses. I have seen the support system in action and know the positive impact it has on friends as they recover. It is more inspiring than the best show and tell at quilt guild and even more uplifting. When someone has been absent from our guild for awhile, it is wonderful to see the warm hugs, smiles and encouragement they receive upon their return. Quilters are just wonderful people!

Happy Stitching,
Karen Gibson

1 comment:

Carol Sc said...

I'm glad to see the blog back --- I've checked often. Hope that Pam is soon "up and running". Knowing her energy level, I would guess it is difficult to slow down. I wish the beautiful spring will put the spring back in your step, Pam!