Thursday, September 5, 2013

Quilting Season

Fall is here and hopefully the "busy-ness" of summer will slow down far awhile.  I have been working on some quilting projects but I hope to have more time once I finish the canning from the garden.  In the spring I received a phone call from Jack, my former boss at Thunder Bay Resort in Hillman.  He told me that he was considering holding another Quilter's Retreat this fall and asked if I was still interested in working as the Quilter's Retreat Coordinator.  I thought about it for two seconds and asked when I could start.  So - we have a Quilter's Retreat scheduled for October 31 - November 3, 2013 at Thunder Bay Resort in Hillman.  This retreat will be a UFO retreat, so we can all get a few projects finished up.  I know for myself I tell myself that I am not going to start anything new until I finish up a few projects.  And as I look at my calendar I see that I have signed up for 3 classes in the next 6 weeks, so much for self-control.  But I like to learn new things so I try to take advantage of as many classes as possible.  A retreat like this will give all of us time to finish up a few things, meet other quilters, share ideas and just plain have a good time.  Please check out our website - www.thunderbayresort.com for additional details.  The retreat will feature 3 nights lodging, 3 breakfasts, an Italian dinner buffet, an appetizer and wine tasting reception, the resort's award winning Elk Viewing Carriage Ride with a gourmet dinner and wine tasting, vendors, a trunk show, a square swap, show and tell and a few other things.  Please call 800-729-9375 for pricing and reservations.

No comments: